Monday, August 24, 2009

First Things First


First Things First
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121: 1-2
Whether I am overwhelmed by an oversized to-do-list, running out of time for a deadline or realizing there is no way to be two places at once, I am reminded that I am not alone without help. I have the supernatural support of a living God who wants to help me and lets me know that He does. He loves me and knows how much I can handle. He is very much aware of the hustle and bustles of everyday life, but He is not the author of chaos and confusion. He has given His children (us!) peace and rest. We often feel we are too busy to take time out for God and His Word, when that is the only way we are actually able to tackle our to-do-list, meet our deadline and be where we need to be when we need to be. Putting God first; there is nothing better and no more efficient way of getting the job done (and that is only one of the benefits!)
God's peace and rest to you!
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment