Friday, August 28, 2009

Considering Lilies

Why do I worry when God has told me to simply seek Him? He didn't tell me to spin around and search for answers. He didn't say I would make a single step of progress by trying to figure it all out on my own. He simply said to seek Him first and everything else would fall into place; "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". (Matthew 6:33)

Luke 12:27 reminds us to consider the lilies of the field and how they blossom so effortlessly and bloom so gracefully. God wants us to know that He loves us more than He loves the lilies, so how much more will He do for us? So much more. He is the answer to everything, regardless of what the situation might be. We can rest assured that we will find the direction we need when we seek Him first and spend time in His Word, learning all we can about our Father, His love for us and His promises to us. "He who promised is faithful". (Hebrews 10:23) ♥


~ Father, please help me to release my fears and worries to you now. I no longer need to search for answers anywhere but at Your feet. Please help me to seek You first each day, confident that as I do, You will make divine deposits into my life and give me the direction I so desperately need. Thank you for the answers I need today. I love you. In Jesus' name, Amen.~

Grace,
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Marie this is so beautiful, the whole blog. Thanks for sharing it with me :)

    ReplyDelete