Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Faith and Walks in the Wilderness

Before I can achieve victory in my everyday life, there is a vital weapon I cannot win without - faith. Matthew 17:20 says, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." God does not expect me to be teeming with faith. He simply asks that I take the next step toward believing He can do that which I ask in my time of need. It is the smallest morsel of faith that moves God in every situation because it is what pleases Him. “But without faith it is impossible to please God: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 1:6. I cannot expect God to move on my behalf when I beg and plead with Him in desperation. He already knows my situation and how badly I need a miracle. I can ask Him, thank Him and have faith that He will do a mighty work in me and for me. He loves me and delivers me, yet He allows me to go through walks in the wilderness. If I didn’t, I would be a weak, useless soldier in His army.

Be strong and blessed!
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Exciting blog, Marie. I'm looking forward to visiting often!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete